Why Travel Assistance?
Compare the Difference Between Travel Assistance and Travel Insurance
Provides immediate support and assistance in case of an emergency with services such as:
- Emergency evacuation and repatriation to the hospital of the member's choice, regardless of medical necessity
- Covers you for any trip 50 miles or more from home, domestically and internationally
- Can be purchased annually, for year-round coverage and is a great supplement to travel insurance
- Covers monetary damages and compensates for unforeseen events like trip cancellation
- Typically covers a single trip
On Call in the News
President & CEO Mike Kelly recently appeared with Neil Cavuto of Fox News to discuss On Call's efforts in evacuating hundreds of students, business and leisure travelers out of Cairo, Egypt during the political crisis.
On Call in Action
On Call International helps travelers with emergency travel assistance everyday. Here is a true story from a recent incident.
A hotel's housekeeper found a guest lying unconscious on the floor of his room, and the
traveler was rushed to the local hospital.
On Call International's medical director immediately began to monitor the case and consult
with the attending physicians. In addition to pre-existing high blood pressure, the man
had contracted a serious case of malaria. The Benin, West Africa hospital was not capable
of treating this life-threatening condition, so On Call immediately evacuated the man to
a more suitable hospital in Portugal.
After the patient was treated for two weeks in the Portuguese hospital, On Call safely transported
the patient by air ambulance to the U.S. for long-term care. Without On Call, this traveler would
have been responsible for emergency transportation costs of more than $100,000.